Sunday, January 9, 2011

bangs and balayage - can they co-exist?

Hair, hair, hair. I'm always contemplating a new 'do!

At the moment I'm rocking out the fringe and long dark brown locks (bordering on black in the below pic, but quite lighter and longer now). I'm happy with this look - yet now that we're in the peak of summer it's looking rather 'winter' (I always associate a fringe with winter...strange?)

Me and my buddy Sarah in Pag Island, Croatia

Loving all the ladies with their two-tone balayage look. My question is - can I pull off this look with a fringe and straight hair? I curl it often when I go out - but day to day it's naturally straight. Would it look strange? I wouldn't go too light at the bottom, more of a caramel brown, similar to Rachel Bilson (hotty!)


Rachel Bilson

Lily Aldridge

Stunning Drew

Cameron Diaz

Thoughts?

3 comments:

Ali said...

one of the girls at my work has it done beth and she often curls her hair. im not sure how it would look straight though.... i say go for it!!

Samantha @ Black Velvet Chair said...

Oh so great - thanks for posting this link in my comments so I could find it Beth. I like camerons hair - looks very natural, now to see if my hairdresser can make my dyed/ damaged hair look semi natural ;) XX Samie

Anonymous said...

IM GETTING IT TODAY BUT i HAVE A FRINGE (BANGS)

Post a Comment