Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My first love, la ville d'amour...

When I was in grade 5, my brother began high school. I thought the coolest thing about him being at high school was that he got to learn French. Two years later, I remember my very first french class. I was beside myself with excitement. I'd waited a while for that class.

13 years later, I'm beside myself with excitement once again. I'm realising my dream, and heading to France.

I cannot express how much joy this brings me. I know, people say the French are rude, arrogant, Paris is expensive, it's this, it's that. But in my mind, it's the epitome of beauty. And it's language speaks of love.

After studying french at school, then at uni, then doing a refresher class at a french school in Melbourne a few years back, you'd think I'd have the lingo down pat. Problem is, I have the memory of a sieve. My challenge for the next two months is to study up!

While I've always been obsessed about going to France, I had never really thought my first trip there would be with the one I love. So I'd have to say going to the city of love, with my love, is pretty darn cool. I can not think of a more perfect first time french experience than lying in a country field with LB, bottle of red, baguette and cheese, sharing secrets, building dreams...

Like that young school girl, I will be jumping up and down and dancing around in little circles the second we cross the border....
images via we♥it

1 comments:

Emma said...

That is beyond exciting! I would love to go to France one day with my partner also :)

Post a Comment